Thursday, January 22, 2009

What it is Ignite?

Hey everyone!
So this is my blog for Ignite and everything it involves. For those of you who don't know what Ignite is, or have only partial facts, I want to take a second to explain.
Foursquare IGNITE is a leadership and ministry development program. It focuses on discipleship and education, practical hands-on local church involvement and training, and global mission outreaches. The purpose: to ignite the next generation of Foursquare leaders towards their life-mission; strengthening personal character and discipline; receiving education in biblical truth and understanding; and expanding of the kingdom of God. There are two separate 3.5 month semesters. Each offers four college level courses with a value of three units each; meaning I can earn 24 college units.
There are two mission trips upon completion of the semesters. The first is forty day (about) trip out of country. Although I can’t exactly say where I will be going in May, I do feel a calling to Papua New Guinea. The second mission trip will be in the States and will be about two weeks long.
Ignite is housed and held on the campus of Life Pacific College in San Dimas, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment